Monday, December 7, 2015

Lorenz Attractor in Processing

I coded up the Lorenz system instead of doing the rest of my work. By moving the mouse, the user can rotate the system, and then by using the arrow keys he or she can move the point about which the plot rotates. What's cool about this to me is that its solving the system of differential equations in real time, while you're rotating it. The color reflects the depth (z-axis) of the plot. I'd like to set it up such that one drags the mouse to rotate. Maybe once the semester is over.... For now, you're stuck with this GIF.

I had some trouble getting ArrayLists to work in Processing, as they feel very foreign to me (they're so Python) but I eventually figured it out. If you're interested, you can see the code for this project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment